Vision, Mission and Values
Continue to be a leading accredited Therapeutic Community of best practice in residential and non-residential recovery services.
Continue to diversify and continue our commitment to expansion, innovative solutions and programs to meet the needs of the community.
To acknowledge and support diverse groups such as First Nations People; LGBTIQ+; Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people; and peer supporters for people with lived experience.
Goldbridge transforms lives through a sense of belonging and acceptance of self and others to provide freedom from active addiction and achieve sustainable recovery.
As an organisation that developed out of the local community for the purpose of serving local community needs, Goldbridge holds the following values fundamental to its mission and vision. We seek to continuously improve in all areas as an organisation, including our adherence to these values.
- INTEGRITY: Our actions reflect our core principles. Honesty, accountability, transparency, openness, and consistency are practiced at all levels throughout Goldbridge Rehabilitation Services.
- RESPECT – We respect individuals and community by upholding human rights in a non-judgemental environment. Diversity is valued, assertive communication and accepting attitudes are practiced, supported by best practice standards.
- COMMUNITY: We promote a unified safe environment in which a sense of belonging is achieved by all through mutual support is achieved by all. Our actions create a safe, secure, therapeutic environment in which individuals and families experience belonging, hope and an improved sense of well-being.
- EMPOWERMENT: We encourage individuals and communities to exercise their freedom to make choices. We support individuals and communities through education, training, and experience to gain personal authority, independence, and a rightful place in the community.
- COMPASSION – We practice compassion through the expression of active care and concern. Compassion is shown to individuals and communities by our responsible concern for others, practical kindness, empathy, and understanding.
In addition, we acknowledge and pay respects to the traditional Aboriginal people of the Gold Coast and their descendants. We also acknowledge the many Aboriginal people from other regions as well as Torres Strait and South Sea Islander people who now live in the local area and have made an important contribution to the community.