The Assessment Service seeks to identify an individual’s needs in overcoming Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) misuse, and then matches personal circumstances with the most appropriate treatment.
- The person seeking assistance is to contact Goldbridge on (07) 5503 1255 (basic information will be gathered)
- Complete initial phone interview (approximately 10 minutes)
- An Assessment Officer will contact you within two working days to arrange an in-person interview
- Complete the Assessment Interview (approximately two hours) at the Goldbridge Corporate Office or via telephone.
- Maintain regular phone contact following the assessment on Tuesdays and Thursdays, between 10.00am to 12.00md
- Receive assessment outcome (usually within four working days for non-complex assessments)
- Goldbridge liaises closely with local services and GPs, and supports direct transition from detox to residential care through the Goldbridge Residential Therapeutic Community (TC) program
- If Goldbridge is unable to assist you directly, we will attempt to refer you to a service which may better suit your needs
Goldbridge Entry Criteria:
- Age: 21 to 65 years
- Agreement to abide by the Therapeutic Community (TC) program rules:
- No drug or Alcohol Use.
- No Stealing.
- No violence or threats of violence.
- No sexual activity between TC members.
- Be abstinent and detoxed as required (either in a detoxification facility or a medically assisted detoxification with assistance from your treating GP). Our intake workers will assist you with this and assess your detoxification needs.
- You need to discuss options with the Intake Officer if you do not have a current Medicare and Healthcare card.
- Admission fee (notified during assessment interview) is payable on the day.
- Ability to pay fortnightly support payments (self funded or assignment of Centrelink payment).